Julianne Schroeder, MS, LPC, NCC, RYT
200 hrs. in Therapeutic Yoga
- Do you feel super wound up most of the time and find it hard to relax?
- Looking to reduce continual 'mental chatter' and stop thinking so much?
- Are you frustrated that you have no energy to do the things you want to do?
- Do you feel stuck in talk therapy when it comes to resolving some emotional concerns or past trauma?
- Are you seeking more balance and self-care in your life, but find it hard to do on your own?
- Curious about why yoga is all the rage in the wellness world?
Individualized yoga therapy can help, and can serve as an adjunct to talk-therapy or as a stand alone practice (for some).
With certification in a 200 hr. therapeutic yoga program, I offer a creative, gentle, and scientifically-backed method to literally move your way into wellness and healing.
Click here to read why the American Psychological Association recommends therapeutic yoga.
What Therapeutic Yoga Can Help With:
- addictions (both process & substance)
- body image issues
- compulsive disorders
- eating disorders
- gastrointestinal issues
- grief & loss
- obsessive-compulsive disorder
- panic attacks
- performance anxiety
- social anxiety
Why Yoga Therapy with Julianne? How is it different than just going to a studio class?
- Non-intimidating practice (i.e. "You don't have to be "good" at yoga). I design your session with specific consideration of your history, physical limitations, and current emotional state
- Receive necessary individualized attention from a therapist & teacher who is sensitive & aware of emotional and physical triggers. You'll flow through the practice with therapeutic principles demonstrated the entire session.
- Build acceptance, mindfulness skills, patience, distress tolerance, and self-compassion
- Create an internal sense of safety, so you can trust yourself, others, and live life more at ease
- Improve your body image and helps to reconnect to your body in a positive way
- Alter your nervous system to reduce anxiety, depression, PTSD symptoms
- Allow for healing and relief when talking about current problems or past experiences is too overwhelming
- Improve your overall wellness (emotional, mental, and physical)
I can also offer meditation instruction or infuse it into therapy by sharing techniques, education, and by actually guiding you through various mindful meditation practices.
- Regular practice of meditation can literally change your parts of your brain that contribute to anxiety/stress, decision-making, focus, and memory
- Increases your ability to be compassionate, aware, and introspective allowing you to feel more content and accepting in life
- Shows positive effects on emotional, mental, and physical health with consistent practice. Who doesn't want to feel better in mind, body, and spirit?!
Read my own personal favorite mindfulness techniques featured in this LIVESTRONG article.