Are you seeking more balance in life?
Do you feel 'out of sorts' and either super wound up most of the time and find it hard to relax? Or or you the opposite where that you are frustrated that you have no energy to do the things you want to do?
Are you feeling stuck in therapy when it comes to resolving some emotional concerns or past trauma?
Yoga therapy can help.
While currently finishing up her 200 hr. psychotherapeutic yoga certification, I offer a creative, gentle, and scientifically-backed method to (literally) move your way into wellness and healing.
Why Yoga Therapy?
- Non-threatening, individualized practice designed with consideration of your history, physical limitations, and current emotional state
- Builds acceptance, mindfulness skills, patience, distress tolerance, and self-compassion
- Creates an internal sense of balance and safety, so you can trust yourself and others, and live life with more ease
- Improves body image
- Alters the nervous system to reduce anxiety, depression, PTSD
- Allows for healing when talking about current problems or past experiences is too overwhelming
- Complements talk-therapy or helpful as a stand-alone practice
I can also offer mindfulness + meditation instruction or infuse it into therapy by sharing techniques, education, and with actually guiding you through various mindful meditation practices.
- Regular practice of mindfulness and meditation can literally change your parts of your brain that contribute to anxiety/stress, decision-making, focus, and memory
- Increases your ability to be compassionate, aware, and introspective allowing you to feel more content and accepting in life
- Shows positive effects on physical, emotional, and mental health with consistent practice. Who doesn't want to feel better in mind, body, and spirit?!
Read my own personal favorite mindfulness techniques featured in this LIVESTRONG article.