"New Year's Day. A fresh start. A new chapter in life waiting to be written. New questions to be asked, embraced, and loved. Answers to be discovered and then lived in this transformative year of delight and self-discovery. Today carve out a quiet interlude for yourself in which to dream, pen in hand. Only dreams give birth to change."
With New Year's approaching, I find myself in a more reflective state of being. (Anybody else feel me?!)
While it certainly can be easier to move through life with our ingrained habits of thinking, feeling, doing -- feeling safe in the familiar -- I endeavor to live with intention and courage to make necessary changes. Do you?
True awareness of what needs to change is the first crucial step in transformation.
Spend time journaling with the questions below to help you reevaluate what has worked for you in 2017 and how you can continue to grow into your best self in 2018!
- What are you most proud of this past year?
- What did you learn about yourself?
- What are you willing to let go of? (This is tricky, but know it can be a continual practice of releasing what experiences/beliefs/people no longer serve you.)
- How did you take care of yourself in mind, body, and spirit? How will you enhance your overall wellness in a balanced way next year?
- What relationships in your life “filled your cup”? What can you do to make these a priority this next year?
- What role has self-compassion played in your life in 2017? How can you tap into self-compassion and self-love in 2018?
- How did you commit to growing this past year? What are you willing to take responsibility for growing in this upcoming year?
- What supports can you put into place to help you be your best you in 2018?
I hope this post inspires you acknowledge your strengths, priorities, and lessons learned in the last year, all the while encouraging you to be brave in making changes in 2018 for your best interest.
With love and hope for all things to come--